where are the blocks?

where are the blocks?

by Brian Jones -
Number of replies: 7
I've been googling and clicking around moodle.org for the past 20 minutes or so, and I can't for the life of me find where in the world I'm supposed to download all of these cool blocks I keep hearing about! Can someone post a link? Are the all just kept in cvs? Why are you hiding them? Why do you hate me?!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brian Jones

Re: where are the blocks?

by A. T. Wyatt -
I would agree that most of the great blocks are in cvs, but sometimes the authors will provide them as .zip files in the threads where they are introduced/discussed.  Not everyone who contributes has rights to post in cvs, I think!   I had a nice email block (compose mail) that I used for a while before switching to quickmail. I think I got it from the thread, not cvs.

Here is the sourceforge link I have been using for contrib written for moodle 1.5. (I am sure you already have it, but it might help someone else). Sometimes I go there first, and then search the moodle forums for the blocks I think look interesting. Be careful what you download! We got mixed up between the quickmail and the block_quickmail. Had to backup and do that one again.

atw

In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by James Robertson -

Thanks for the link!  But how do I download something?  I see the listings (e.g., block_course_menu) but don't see anything to download when I select one of them.

Thanks,

Jim.

In reply to James Robertson

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Or if you don't want to use CVS, you can download anything in cvs:/contrib named "xxxxx" like this: http://moodle.org/download.php/modules/xxxxx.zip

So if you wanted block_course_menu, just go to http://moodle.org/download.php/modules/block_course_menu.zip

In reply to Jon Bolton

by James Robertson -

Thanks Chardelle and Jon!  I downloaded the Questionnaire module some time ago, but have only just got back to exploring the "amazing world of Moodle contrib."

Jim.