Help--Error "No grade returned"

Help--Error "No grade returned"

by William Z -
Number of replies: 5
I am new to Moodle. No matter what setting I use for viewing grades, I get "No grades returned" error message in a pinkish box. I am using Moodle 1.5.2 (2005060220), I'd appreciate any help on how to fix this problem. Thank you. Here's the screenshot of the error and the grade settings, attached as .jpeg file.
Attachment screenshot.jpg
In reply to William Z

Re: Help--Error "No grade returned"

by Michael Penney -
Do you have students and graded activities in your course?

Generally you get that error when there are no graded activities (and/or no students) in your course.
In reply to Michael Penney

by William Z -
I have tried to look for this on my own, and the only places I could find reference to what I think you asked me to check is attached in the screenshot.

If I am looking in the wrong place, then could you please let me know

Where can I check to see if the activity is graded or not?
How can I make sure that there are students enrolled in the student?

I really appreciate your help. Thank you.

Attachment snapshot.jpg
In reply to William Z

by William schmachtenberg -

Log into the course as a teacher. Click on the student link on the left side of the screen. You can assign users to your class that way. You need to turn editing on (upper right part of screen). To assign graded assignments click on the right pull down menu in each week. You can either select quiz that the students will take online or assignments which you can manually grade. Using this procedure, I have never had the error you describe.

In reply to William Z

by Michael Penney -
Hmm, check your lesson settings and see if you have it set as a practice lesson, if so switch that off and check your gradebook.
In reply to Michael Penney

Re: Help--Error "No grade returned"--problem resolved!

by William Z -
Thank you William Schmachtenberg and Michael Penney.

Michael's suggestion for making sure that the lesson settings were NOT set as practice lesson (which they were) were the culprit.

I am out of the woods now--at least this one! smile

Thanks again.