Images disappear in feedback

Images disappear in feedback

by Isabelle Langeveld -
Number of replies: 4

I use the Lesson to have students compare short text they have written in an essay Q with a model and feedback. The structure is as follows:

Q1 Write a message responding to the complaint you have received

Q2 Compare your text with these 3 models. Which one looks most like yours? > Choose

Fb on Q2 is a short video of a client who says what she thinks of a message with those characteristics.

Q3 Use this feedback to write a better version

The specific problem is that the images in Q2 are not shown on the feedback page. So it is impossible to see the model with the video on 1 page. The page shows Your answer: [nothing]

If I use text instead of an image, it does show, but without marking. This a bummer because the exercise is about dividing a message properly in paragraphs! See attached screenshots.

How can I have the feedback page show the image from the answer?

I will read the stuff about reworking the lesson to see if anything is said there about images, but I am hoping there is a simple and quick solution. I don't mind a bit of html....

Attachment image in answer.png
Attachment noimagein feedback.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Isabelle Langeveld

Re: Images disappear in feedback

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello Isabelle,

I have fixed quite a lot of bugs about images in the lesson activity during the last months.

Some of these fixes will only be in Moodle 2.9, some other have been integrated in Moodle 2.8 but only in very recent releases of Moodle 2.8.x

So unfortunately I can't tell if your problem would be solved by upgrading to latest 2.8.3+, if you need to wait for Moodle 2.9 release or if you have discovered a new bug that I need to solve sad

Are you able to seed what precise Moodle version you are using (I need the build date the version number is not enough)

Am I right in understanding the problem in in a multichoice question and in the feedback (that lesson call "response") field ?

Would it be possible to backup the lesson and send it to me privately ?

In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello Isabelle,

I tried to reproduce your problem with images in feedbacks and I was unable to get any failure: images are always displayed as expected. Tested in latest weekly releases of Moodle 2.8.3+ and Moodle 2.9dev.

In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

by Isabelle Langeveld -

Hi Jean-Michel,

This is my version Moodle 2.8.3+ (Build: 20150219). Pretty recent.

My problem concerns the images I use in the answer options. They are not shown on the feedback page. All the user sees is:

Your answer:

and than nothing. 

It should show the image the user has chosen. And underneath the feedback that goes with that answer option.

I am happy to zip up the lesson and send it to you. Where do you want it?