Moodle Mobile for Android and iPad - problems logging onto Moodle 2.6.8 stable site

Re: Moodle Mobile for Android and iPad - problems logging onto Moodle 2.6.8 stable site

Przemek Kaszubski-mit -
Antal besvarelser: 2
Particularly helpful Moodlers-ip assinga Testers-ip assinga

Hi H, thanks for replying. Well, we'll just try to pursue that, as a few of our users have been using the app. If we fail, we also face an upgrade to 2.8 (or above) during the summer, most probably on a different server, and starting from scratch, so things don't look too dismal in the long run.

Regards,

Przemek

I svar til Przemek Kaszubski

Re: Moodle Mobile for Android and iPad - problems logging onto Moodle 2.6.8 stable site

Przemek Kaszubski-mit -

In case anyone reads this, we finally resolved this issue on our latest 2.9.1 upgrade by restoring the password field properties to how they look in a standard Moodle mdl_user table: 

Type: varchar(255)

Null : No

Defaut value: <empty>

Most likely, the last two settings were to blame - for some reasons ours had been Null = Yes and Default value = Null.

I svar til Przemek Kaszubski

Przemek Kaszubski-mit -

I think I stand corrected on what I wrote earlier. More likely, these two steps were critical:

1. Setting the type as varchar(255) for the password field in the mdl_user table
  2. Making sure to Purge all caches from the admin interface.