Video Answer Type

Video Answer Type

by Jez H -
Number of replies: 7
Has anyone ever considered a quiz question type that expects a video as the answer?

The "PooDLL Anywhere" plugin puts a video recorder in the text editor but this is disabled in Quiz:

https://moodle.org/plugins/view/tinymce_poodll  (there is an Atto verskon too)

and has another for Assignment Feedback:

https://moodle.org/plugins/view/assignfeedback_poodll

I am wondering if there are any reasons why something similar could not be developed as a quiz question type?

One reason for wanting this would be to verify identity of participants, if there were periodic video answers expected it would be harder for someone to get others to complete the quiz questions on their behalf.

Any thoughts?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jez H

Re: Video Answer Type

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

If you create an essay question that allows attachments, is the Poodll video recorder still disabled?

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Jez H -

In the text editor yes (diabled), the icon is not there, but if I were to install PooDLL repository it may work in the file upload field, I would need to test that on a different system though.

I think the reason maybe the same as it was in assignment feedback, that the text field is expecting text... files go into the file field. That is why there is a separete feedback plugin outside of the textual feedback type.

It would be better to have a bespoke queston type that loaded the recorder (more along the lines of teh feedback plugin) so there were fewer clicks and that would be the only thing that could be done in that type. Is there anything you are aware of that would prevent development of something like that?

Another issue there maybe use of Safe Exam Browser, I am not sure whehter that is likely to support / allow either Flash or HTML5 recorders?

In reply to Jez H

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

But what about the PoodLL Recording Question type?

https://moodle.org/plugins/view/qtype_poodllrecording

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Justin Hunt

by Jez H -

Thanks Justin,

Had a bit of a facepalm moment when you posted that!

I thought I had seen that question type, looked on poodll.com and Moodle plugins directory and managed to miss it in both, confusing it with the assignment type... how embarrassing clown

In reply to Jez H

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

For the Essay question, there is a choice for what sort of text input you get, including

1. HTML editor with embedded files
  2. other choices...

The add image button will only be there is you choose 1. So, it is your choice.

But, Justin's suggestion may be more relevant.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by dawn alderson -

Sounding nice.  Want to think about this please.  Chap called Mike W at Southampton has lovely ideas in the pipeline for video/webinar etc etc .....getting my head around it as we speak....will come back once I have thought more about this.....bear with me...may be nothing...but sparky thinking here smile

D

In reply to dawn alderson

by dawn alderson -

still....room for more innovation-yes?  Scratching head....and some.  Really, will get down to matters after today...long day....Can I say I like Poodll.....but I want to think hard about whether it goes far enough in terms of building for future innovation (on its own). Now I can't be fairer than that!    Will mail Mike tomorrow.

Sorry, tools down, half-term here.

D