What am I missing ?

Thanks ,

Dani

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dani Kaplan

Re: git pull fails

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
I guess the error message says it all. You must have changed something in admin/auth_config.php, however small. See "Problem updating Moodle via Git - files changed?" https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=279964.
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Dani Kaplan -

Thanks, 

There is a lot of files in the list (I've only quoted the first one)

The link you have provided helped - as I did changed permission...

Is there a way to force the pull ? 

or do I need run the git config filename false on all of them ? 

(I guess I'm looking for a force override flag....)

Dani

In reply to Dani Kaplan

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Did you read the answer to the post I've provided?
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Dani Kaplan -

ו have read it. This is exactly my case. But it applies to all files in the folder. Not just one. (for which your post had a solution)

I did eventually a manual upgrade, but it wasnt sogood, and needed to reinstall several plugins after upgrade.

Dani

In reply to Dani Kaplan

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

If you (even using git) step from one major version to another then you will have to reinstall plugins and re-do any core changes you have made (don't make core changes). This isn't a bad thing or unexpected as they will almost certainly be updated versions of the plugin. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by Dani Kaplan -

The issue with the plugings I need to re-install - that I loose all the settings I've done using them. 

That what happened to me this time.

I think that updating in advance all the plugin's to the latest version should solve this matter, or another way is needed for upgrade. 

You shouldn't need to move backwards each time you upgrade....

In reply to Dani Kaplan

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Unless the plugin is completely rewritten and stores its config in a different way then the settings are not lost. You only loose the settings by deleting the plugin through the admin interface - and even that doesn't delete global settings. 

You can even upgrade core Moodle and then add the optional plugins later - all their data will still be there and will upgrade when you add the plugin back. It's almost idiot proof. Almost!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)