How to track progress?

How to track progress?

by Tina Smith -
Number of replies: 1

I'm trying to wrap my brain around the logistics of using Moodle for my purposes...I am hoping more experienced Moodlers might be able to help me.

I am using the topics within a course as "stations"...but students are not required to do every option within a station (topic)...I do have requirements daily of specific stations that must be completed. So, for example, stations A, C and E might be required on Mondays, A, B and D on Tuesdays, and so on. But within each station they have a variety of options to fulfill that station for the day. And at the end of the week, they will not have completed all options...there's far more than are necessary (intentionally so, to allow for more choices.)

I need to figure out a way to make it clear what they've completed already and what is still an option to do. So as the week progresses it's easy for them to easily see at a glance what's still available....and for me to be able to see at a glance what's been completed, as the week progresses.

It seems like there should be a way to make the completed assignments just disappear or appear greyed out? I had tried out a checklist plugin but I'm not sure that's the way to go...I don't really like the way it works.

I'm also still learning how to configure assignments so that students can mark them completed. How do I do this?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tina Smith

Re: How to track progress?

by Andy Chaplin -

Hi Tina

I can't give you an exact howto here, but the two sections you need for this are the Restrict Access and Activity Completion parts of the Assignment or Quiz.

Using a mixture of those - in your case it looks like mostly pass mark and dates - you should be able to put something together.  You can restrict access after a certain date, but you will probably have to restrict access to feedback and grades during that time period as well.  

On my site I created a course just for me called playpen, which I use to test out stuff like this without having to mess around with a real course.  Added to that I have a fake student "Johnny Tester" to make sure that it really does work the way I planned.

Hope this helps!