Announcing a New York State Area MoodleHoot [MUG}

Announcing a New York State Area MoodleHoot [MUG}

by W Page -
Number of replies: 4

Hello All!

I am trying to organize a MoodleHoot aka a MUG [not a MoodleMoot] for Moodlers in the New York State area (Conneticut and New Jersey folks welcome) sometime during the first 2 or 3 weeks of August 2005.

I indicated that it will be a Hoot (MUG) and not a Moot because it will not consist of a formal meeting or conference. This will be an informal meeting of Moodle enthusiasts primarily from the New York, Conneticut and the New Jersey region. It will be more like an educational "Port Authority" kind of thing. smile big grin I do not think that very short presentations should be ruled in or ruled out right now. I also would like to keep specifics loose for now and hear from other folks prior to nailing down a date, time and location.

I set up an online meeting scheduler (the same scheduler used by Sean Keogh for the 2004 Oxford MoodleMoot).
http://www.meetomatic.com/respond.asp?id=DIF6K1

Anyone interested in attending, please respond in two ways,

• via the link above at Meetomatic and
  • by posting here in the thread that you have registered at Meetomatic. (That will be my way of double checking so that there is less chance that anyone gets lost in the process)

I have attached an example of the Meetomatic page to this post [I included the NYS image for fun]. Please place

• your name in the area indicated by the red arrow and
  • your email and location in the "Comment" area indicated by the blue arrow in the following format E-mail/Location
    • [For example - Me@WPage.com/Brooklyn, New York].

If this takes maybe we will be able to have another MoodleHoot sometime from late October to early December just to continue a mix of introductions and ideas. I am hoping all of these smaller Hoots will lead to a larger formal MoodleMoot sometime during 2006.

Happy Hooting!! smile

WP1

Attachment MEET-O_1.GIF
Average of ratings: -
In reply to W Page

Re: Announcing a New York State Area MoodleHoot [MUG}

by W Page -

Hello All!

I have received some registrations for the New York MoodleHoot.  I know there are more New York State, Connecticut and New Jersey Moodlers out there.  Please get back to me as soon as you can.  Remember, this is not a formal meeting.  No one is expected to present anything, although if you want to smile.  It is more of a social gathering. big grin

New York City is going through a "melt" today.  Hope everyone else is either inside with air conditioning or outside feeling a nice coooooool breeze.

WP1

In reply to W Page

Re: Announcing a New York State Area MoodleHoot [MUG} - Follow Up

by W Page -

Hello All!

My computer has crashed. sad  But, still trying to move on. smile

The strongest date so far is August 8th.  This is still doableJosh Maiocco, Peter Richardson and Jeff Watkins I need your e-mail addresses and locations.

Would it be a big problem for us all to meet in Manhattan or the Bronx?

If folks are feeling a bit "tight" or "pushed", would a September or October date be better??

Waiting for input.

WP1

In reply to W Page

Re: Announcing a New York State Area MoodleHoot [MUG} - Follow Up

by D.I. von Briesen -

Are you having this, or delaying it, or what? A buddy just offered me a ticket on united anywhere in the country for $100... so now all I'd need is a place to crash...

D.I.

oh- since that comes across as me mooching, I've got a sister, a cousin, and a step-sister and some old family friends all in the area, so not to worry... would like an update on plans though.

In reply to W Page

Re: Announcing a New York State Area MoodleHoot [MUG}

by Catherine Gilbert -
Hello. I would be interested in attending the MoodleHoot. Please keep me posted on dates and locations! Also, as part of our Annual Conference, my organization would like to organize a Using Moodle Workshop and Information Session. Would anyone be interested? Our conference will be held in Saratoga Springs, NY in April 2006. For more information, please contact Jenny Rosenzweig at info@upstatehistory.org or at 800.895.1648.

Jenny