Using Moodle to provide the same course to different organizations

Using Moodle to provide the same course to different organizations

by Simon Twigger -
Number of replies: 0
Hi there,

I've been playing around with Moodle for the past few days and its going very well, Im finding many features that I wish I had on my current system already exist here - great!

I have a question about how one might use Moodle to provide courses in an eCommerce-type setting. I envisage having a number of standard courses and question pools that I will create/develop that I want to offer to a variety of different audiences. Im trying to figure out the best way to create the courses and questions once and then provide access to the various audiences described below:

Audience 1 - Individual user wants to take a course, they are not part of any organized group, they just want to log in and learn the material at their pace. This seems like a very standard use of Moodle, I would host this course on my own Moodle site.

Audience 2 - An organization who has students who can enroll at any time and who want to provide access to standard courses for their students. I'd like to be able to customize the look and feel of the site to include their logo, have them add/delete students, etc. I might want to restrict the number of active students a particular organization can have at any one time. They want full time access to enroll their students to the courses their organization has access to. They might want to restrict access to their courses from a particular IP address. Ideally this type of set up would also be on my own Moodle site, however, the look and feel, IP restrictions, course offerings, etc. would be unique to the organization the student belonged to.

Audience 3 - Organized educational institution who want access to standard courses and questions and resources, may or may not want to create their own additional content. Their conventional courses are run over a semester, etc. in a traditional academic setting. This seems a bit like hosting a dedicated Moodle server with basic content uploaded by me and allowing the institution to use the content as they desire.

I think most of what Im hoping for can be done using Moodle, Im just not sure how best to structure my Moodle site/content to achieve some or all of the above so any advice would be most appreciated.

Many thanks,

Simon.
Average of ratings: -