Grades will not import

Grades will not import

by Katie Pritchard -
Number of replies: 1

I'm using Moodle 2.7. 

I'm trying to import a .csv

I can choose the file, then go on to the next page and see the preview. I see the grades and student information. I then pick the identify user from, and the grade items to map.

I click upload grades, and a split second later Moodle says grade import success, continue. But then I check the gradebook and nothing has been upload.

Out of the 10 times I've tried it with redoing the spreadsheets or trying different things, I've gotten it to upload the grades only once. I took the EXACT same spreadsheet and tried it again with another grade item and it didn't upload them. Same results as above. 

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

In reply to Katie Pritchard

Re: Grades will not import

by Katie Pritchard -

No suggestions? It seems like most of the time it doesn't even try to import the grades, but then others I've gotten it to work even though after it says "service temporarily unavailable" like it crashed trying to upload/match. 

Maybe it's timing out? Anything I can change that will fix that?

More details: One class has 550 students and I'm trying to upload 5 columns of grades.

The other has 300 and the same 5 columns.

It doesn't seem to matter if I only select one grade item to upload or all 5. 

Last semester I had no issue uploading a spreadsheet  with 1 grade column with 200 students to a class that had 2500 student in it.