PoodLL to deter cheating?

This forum post has been removed

Number of replies: 5
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: PoodLL to deter cheating?

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hmm. Very interesting. At http://readingportfolio.com we implemented a video proctor system. Each multi choice question is recorded and there is a simple interface to view the videos. But the quiz itself is a standard Moodle quiz, and the grading is automatic. It sounds like what you want, but unfortunately I am not able to release that in the public domain.

I tried thinking of a clever way of achieving your goal, without having to write custom code. It's easy enough to plonk a video recorder on a page, the trick is storing the recording and providing a place to play it back from. Possibly you could combine the quiz with a database/dataform activity, where the student records the video. And then make the quiz conditional on the database activity being completed. It might work.

But it could be done simply enough, with a little custom coding. If you want to discuss that please send me a private message here on the forum, or contact me via http://www.poodll.com 

In reply to Justin Hunt

In reply to Deleted user

by ryan sanders -
i am not yet familiar with moodle and all of its doings...

if you have abilty for a video...

can you split the quiz up into multi parts....

turn on "completion" within (site admin menu), i have yet to remember were it is located.

1. set something up that requires student to "upload video" 
    1. student uploads video
  2. quiz part 1 (in edit settings under the "restrict access / availability") require (upload video activity to be done)
    1. student finish out part of the quiz
  3. setup another "upload video" activity / resource, and in "edit settings -> restrict access / availability"  require student to finish "quiz part 1"
    1. student takes next part of quiz...
  4. so on and so forth.
  5. perhaps adding in... up in front of classroom. have teacher write some random question / answer phrase. that students need to input into a "single activity" kinda like an attendance quiz.  short 1 question thing.

is there a time stamp?

perhaps using "custom reports" to pull up data/time stamp of completed uploads of video, and quiz and compare. 

above should give students instance access quiz results. issue is can "restrict access / availability " completion. be worth while... and work...

==================

i could see reason of wanting to do random question order... and putting in poodll video... so it is a bit different when student reaches given, needing to upload video. 

In reply to ryan sanders

In reply to Deleted user

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

The database activity is a core plugin, so it will be available for you to use. PoodLL has a field for the database activity, however this is not core.  So if you have just installed the PoodLL filter and the PoodLL Anywhere atto editor, you would need to go cap in hand to your provider and beg. 

Actually a good place to put something like this is  here:

https://moodle.org/plugins/view/quizaccess_honestycheck

If you customize the language and put a recorder on the page, you get close to what you need. But we still need the file to end up somewhere that you can link to the quiz from and check it later. (or just pretend you check it)

As i say its possible and if additional plugins are out of the question, then I suppose we could use an iframe based solution.