Moodle 2.7 - Assignment for Teachers?

Moodle 2.7 - Assignment for Teachers?

by graham woodsford -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I'm probably being stupid here, but I'd appreciate any help you could give me...

We use Assignments all the time for students to submit work and they work well.  One of our Senior Management has set up an assignment in a discrete course for teachers to upload peer assessment documents from lesson observations. Now, all seemed OK: the teachers uploaded their files for 'marking' but then we suddenly realised that, as they were teachers, they could all see each others' files! This is obviously not what Management had intended, so my question is: how do you set up an assignment so that teachers only pick up student access-rights and only a limited subset (management) get the teacher role ?

Many thanks,

Graham

Average of ratings: -
In reply to graham woodsford

Re: Moodle 2.7 - Assignment for Teachers?

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

That sounds like your teachers have that role site-wide, where ideally, roles such as student and teacher should be given on a per course basis. That would allow them to be teachers wherever they need to be, but students on this course. 

You could remove the site wide role and use a csv user upload to add them back to all the individual courses they need as teachers. Then just give them the student role on this one. 

Orher than that, possibly a local permission override on that particular activity might be possible? 

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Richard Oelmann

by graham woodsford -

Richard,

Thanks for the reply....

Just the pointer I needed: I just had to remove the teacher roles from the role : mod/assign:viewgrades

Now the teachers can upload their comments, but can't see others'

Regards,

Graham

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by graham woodsford -

Richard,

Thanks for the reply....

Just the pointer I needed: I just had to remove the teacher roles from the role : mod/assign:viewgrades

Now the teachers can upload their comments, but can't see others'

Regards,

Graham