Uploading existing users 2.8

Uploading existing users 2.8

by Carlos Vazquez -
Number of replies: 13

Im having troubles using Moodle 2.8 The first time I uploaded  with csv users everything worked fine. The problem is when i uploaded again those existing users and i added new course. The resumee says users updated: 0, but in the results it says they are enroled in the course, but they arent.

But the worst thing is whn a user log in, they appear all courses ( i configured just to show enroled courses) and in the ones that its supposed enroled they cant access.

Anybody know the problem, or what im doing wrong.

Thanks

Attachment 1.jpg
Attachment 2.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carlos Vazquez

Re: Uploading existing users 2.8

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

The users are not getting enrolled in the courses so you have something wrong in your csv file.  I see no reference in your csv results that says they were enrolled in any course.  When you upload are you selecting to update existing users as well as new ones?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

And as well as what Emma says, can you confirm you are adding the shortname of the new course to the csv file?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Keegan Weber -

Hi Mary

I'm having a similar problem. We're trying to update existing users profiles on Moodle 2.8. I've created a post here for more context.

I'd really really appreciate your assistance.

Regards,
Keegan

by Carlos Vazquez -

Buy I dont know why they are not getting enrolled.

Yes when I uploaded I select: add new and update existing users. and shows the screenshots I uploaded.

Look here is my csv file.

Attachment csv file.png

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Is that the course shortname?  It should be.  Also, I would suggest taking the role column out - they will default to student and I think that you should have the role number in there not the name (note the "I think...")

by Carlos Vazquez -

I créate a new CSV file and they are not getting erolled in the courses i want, also change the short name of all courses and dont get it

Attachment preview.png
Attachment result.png

by Emma Richardson -

So they are getting enrolled now. What does your enrolled users page show.

by Carlos Vazquez -

No they are not getting enrolled. They show all the courses. And when a user click on a course that its supposed they are enrolled, they can acces.

by Carlos Vazquez -

Here is my CSV file

Attachment excel.png

by Emma Richardson -
Try using the roleid instead of the name.

by Keegan Weber -

Hi Emma

Are you able to assist with my query above?

Regards,
Keegan

by Carlos Vazquez -

Hi. I know the problem now, They are getting enroled but i dont know why they enroled a day later. for exapmle if i upload the file today (april 10) they get enroled tomorrow april 11 at 00hr.

Anybody knows how to fix this?

Thanks

Attachment captura.png

by Carlos Vazquez -

I can change it individual, but they are courses where i have 400 students :S