How to make sticky block?

How to make sticky block?

by Erwin Ancheta -
Number of replies: 3

Hi Guys,

I'm using Moodle 2.8.1.

I've created a message board using html block and I want it to be seen on the entire site (sticky).

I followed instruction in this link: link: https://docs.moodle.org/28/en/Block_settings#Making_a_block_sticky_throughout_the_whole_site

I've tried editing the configuration of the block but I can't find the Page context'Display throughout the entire site' under Where this block appears. Please see screenshot. 

Is there a settings that I should do to enable the page context?

Please help sad

Thank you in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Erwin Ancheta

Re: How to make sticky block?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Your screenshot suggests you are adding it to the Myhome page and not to the front page of your Moodle site. Try adding it to the front page instead.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Erwin Ancheta -

Hi Mary,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes you are correct. I should configure the Default My Home page (Site Administration > Appearance) and not only the Front page.

Appreciated Marysmile

Kind Regards,
Erwin

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Andreas Giesen -

I have read and tried the advice, to add the block to front-page, make it visible sitewide, and then configure a block inside a course for appearace inside courses. So far so good. 

No I have a new block that can only be added to a course, because it only makes sense within a course. I want it on every course though, without editing hundreds of courserooms manually. The aforementioned method only works for blocks that can be added to the front page, how do I achieve the same thing for blocks restricted to courses?