Invalid add on name

Invalid add on name

by Tom Connolly -
Number of replies: 4

I am trying to install the questionnaire mod for 2.6  and I get an "invalid add on name" message.  There are two steps I am not sure of.  When I downloaded the zip file from the site, the program asked for a "save as" name so I called it "questionnaire".  I have also tried it without a name.  When moodle went to upload the file I chose the activity module as the type.  After I agreed to the "terms", I choose upload file and got an invalid add-on name message.  What am I doing wrong?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tom Connolly

Re: Invalid add on name

by Floyd Saner -

Tom,

Check the following:

1. Did you download the correct version of questionnaire for Moodle 2.6?
  2. Does the file have a .zip extension?  I believe the filename of the zipped package does not matter, but it should have a .zip extension.
  3. Open the zipped package and be certain the root folder in the zipped package is named questionnaire

Floyd

In reply to Floyd Saner

by Tom Connolly -

Thanks!  I appreciate the quick response.  I am under the gun for this - yes, I know, not a good practice.  

https://github.com/remotelearner/moodle-mod_questionnaire/tree/MOODLE_26_STABLE

This is where I downloaded the file.  The link to it stated that it was moodle 2.6  but I see no designation on the page to confirm that, except the inclusion of 26 in the file name.  My computer tells me that the file is a zip.  I have attached a snip of the contents of the file.  Some file names are questionnaire, some are question, and many others.

I did not unzip the file before attempting to install it - the last time I installed add-ins, it was not necessary to do so, IIRC.

Attachment quest.jpg
In reply to Tom Connolly

by Floyd Saner -

Tom,

Ah, that is the problem.  All the files in your screenshot should be inside one folder named questionnaire, and that questionnaire folder should be zipped.

Download the installation file from the Moodle plugins directory, https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversions.php?plugin=mod_questionnaire and install that zipped file.  It should work.

Floyd

In reply to Floyd Saner

by Tom Connolly -

Thanks!  That seems to have fixed the problem...will proceed at full speed and see!