Track rated forum posts in a course?

Track rated forum posts in a course?

by Przemek Kaszubski -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I'd find it useful to see a list of all the posts I have marked "useful" in the "Moodle in English" course/community. I can post-view the detailed log and see my "User graded" decisions there, but:

• I'm unable to filter the log to only see these instances
  • the links generated by the log are not really valid for me - they don't take me to the post I have rated
The issue may be  broader - like allowing students to do just that on a course, i.e. viewing all the posts they have "bookmarked" with a rating, hence my general question in the subject line.

Is there a solution / workaround?

Thanks.

Przemek

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Przemek Kaszubski

Re: Track rated forum posts in a course?

by Przemek Kaszubski -

In the advanced forum search

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/search.php?id=5&user=&userid=0&forumid=0&subject=&phrase=&words=&fullwords=&notwords=&dateto=0&datefrom=0&showform=1

there is the options to enter by hand "This name should match the author".

Perhaps, in a similar way, an open text form field for specifying at least one of the "tags" applied to rating posts could be devised and added? This way one would at least be able to retrieve all the posts written by X that have been rated useful at least once? 

I'm sure the above is very very crude. I believe that as long as ratings are allowed in a course forums, there should be a way to trace them. Also for "students", if they are allowed to "vote".

I'm just adding this note here before really searching the tracker for improvement suggestions. I will one day smile

In reply to Przemek Kaszubski

by Yvonne Hamilton -
Hi Przemek,

I think it would be great if students and teachers could search forum posts for post that have been rated. Did you add it as a tracker improvement? I'd vote for it.

Regards,

Yvonne

In reply to Yvonne Hamilton

by Przemek Kaszubski -

Thanks, Yvonne. I hope I'll do this shortly smile