Upload users, csv auth option

Upload users, csv auth option

by Sylvain Bouchard -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

What is the proper code to use for Email-based self-registration in the auth field of the CSV import file. I tryed different options but keep getting an error.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sylvain Bouchard

Re: Upload users, csv auth option

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello there. I saw your question in the French forums too but I decide to reply heresmile I am confused what you want to do: Email-based self-registration means students create their own accounts. There is no CSV upload. CSV upload is for if you want to manually create the accounts for the students. Can you explain more what you mean?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Sylvain Bouchard -

We want to change the authentication method for all of our users, we we're using external DB authentication and we now want all accounts to be "email-based self registration".

The only way I found was to upload our current list of user changing the authentication method and resetting their password.

Thanks

In reply to Sylvain Bouchard

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

Simply use "email" smile

HTH

In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Gerard Swan -

Hi

I have a similar query but in relation to the Google base authentication plugin.

The plugin name is Oath2

I put that in the upload field but it was rejected as 'not recognised'

I could do this manually but doing it automatically as I upload students would be a real time saver.

Gerard

follow up

I found a different value by accident that is recognised.

googleoauth2

the response is that the test user uploads but that the field value isn't recognised

However it sets the value to Oauth2 which is what I need it to do.