Unable to make changes to user settings in moodle and other admin option

Unable to make changes to user settings in moodle and other admin option

by Garfield Jugar -
Number of replies: 7

Hello,

I need some help with issues with using moodle. I am using godaddy web hosing and have installed moodle on my website. However, it does not allow me to access certain admin options such as; My profile settings, users, upload or restore coureses etc. What would be the cause of that?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Garfield Jugar

Re: Unable to make changes to user settings in moodle and other admin option

by Garfield Jugar -

I get this error message:

The XML-RPC extension is not enabled on the server. You can not publish courses or manage published courses.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

So that is your problem.  You need to enable that extension in php - you might need your web hosting company to do that for you.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Garfield Jugar -

Your awesome. Thanks

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Garfield Jugar -

Unable to add user in Moodle. When I click on users, this page comes up:

The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.

by ryan sanders -
*rubs chin* if you got xml error. i am wondering if you completely skipped over the "installation" step that brings up a list of required / warnings for moodle. and have not setup your server correctly.

www.yoursite.com/moodle/admin/environment.php

getting to above page in moodle... 

www.yoursite.com/moodle -> login as admin -> site admin menu -> server -> enviroment

it should bring up a list of warnings / things to check.

================

going to....

www.yoursite.com/moodle -> login as admin -> site admin menu -> developer -> debugging -> turn on those options, may also give some details. 

In reply to ryan sanders

by Garfield Jugar -

I tried that. After I ran that, it just shows up the error message for all pages now.

Currently showing: The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.

or I don't have access to view this page

by ryan sanders -

did you use godaddy auto install thing for moodle.  or did you download moodle from moodle.org and then ftp the files onto godady?

are you working with a fresh installation of moodle. that you were getting ready to demo / try moodle out?  or a moodle website you have been running for some time with a bunch of content on it?

been a few years, but i believe godaddy gives you access to php.ini,  to turn on debug mode for php *you may need to create file and add a couple settings to php.ini to adjust away from some of godaddy's default settings* information should be obtained on godaddy website of how to do that.

i believe you can turn on developer mode in moodle in config.php *points up to top of www.moodle.org* documentation and search for config.php and/or developer and/or debug

again it has been a few years, godaddy website control panel, should give you access to php log file, and it may give some details of what is going on.