Drag and Drop Into Text IPad Issues

Drag and Drop Into Text IPad Issues

by Mike Simurdiak -
Number of replies: 2

Hello All-

Last year my school was running Moodle 2.5 and I incorporated a bunch of drag and drop questions into text on my homework.  My students all have iPads and there were no issues with any of these questions.  Over the summer our admin upgraded to 2.7 and the OU plugins got deleted.  The plugins were reinstalled and the drag and drop questions work fine on my PC.  However, on the iPads the question type loads extremely slow and it lags so much that it is an unusable type.  Has anyone heard of an issue like this?  If so, any ideas how I can correct it?

Thanks!

Mike Simurdiak

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike Simurdiak

Re: Drag and Drop Into Text IPad Issues

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

In our testing, the latest version of the OU drag-drop questions (in Moodle 2.7) work fine on iPad and iPhone. The problems we are aware of, and trying to solve, are with Android devices.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Drag and Drop Into Text IPad Issues

by Mike Simurdiak -

Maybe our district is just an isolated incident.  I did notice that if I use the Chrome app that the drag and drop is still a little laggy, but it does work much better than Safari on iPad.  Unfortunately my students cannot use Chrome on their school district iPads since it is rated as a 17+ app.