External Database

External Database

by Shu Doi -
Number of replies: 1

I have read the documentation for External Database Enrolment but could not find a solution to this.

In our moodle there are few courses that show external database  enrollment method under course administration -> users -> Enrolment methods page Add method dropdown, but in some courses I cannot see it. From the moodle documentation I understand External database enrolment is a non-interactive method i.e. it does not appear by default for any course.

I am trying to figure out what must be activating external database enrolment option for a particular course.

Does anyone know?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shu Doi

Re: External Database

by Mathew Gancarz -
Picture of Core developers

Hi Shubhendra, do you actually see it in the 'Add method' drop down or do you just see it in the list of Enrolment methods?

We use external database enrolment, and it only shows up in the list of enrolment methods for courses where there are students enrolled using it.

IE: If you create a new course named 'test', it will not show 'external database' under enrolment methods, until you add the 'test' course and students that are supposed to be enrolled in it, in your external database.

It will show up in Moodle when the matching course and enrolled students are present in the external database (and a student that is supposed to be in it logs in or you run the enrolment sync script, /enrol/database/cli/sync.php). Otherwise you won't see it.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)