handwriting to "handwriting"

handwriting to "handwriting"

by Richard Palmer -
Number of replies: 7

Hi

This may sound somewhat bizarre but I'm serious. Character recognition has the capacity to convert handwriting into text.  Is there any drawing software that will convert handwriting to handwriting? i.e. my handwriting, as I do it,  into a handwriting font, for presentation purposes. Does the MS Surface Pro 2 tablet have this functionality?

R

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Palmer

Re: handwriting to "handwriting"

by john Simpson -

Any of them will do it, including the wacom bamboo pen. First of all go to admin-plugins and install the poodll packages. ensure you use the poodll editor. Go to your editor and select the pencil picture. A drawing software will pop up. Use your wacomb to write. Send it or save it.

I've just tried it, it took a few seconds.

In reply to john Simpson

by john Simpson -

Unfortunately the handwriting disappeared somehow on last post. I'll try again on a saved photo.

hand writing

In reply to john Simpson

by Richard Palmer -

Hello John

Thanks for the reply. Not quite sure if you have got my meaning of handwriting to handwriting. Your example shows how the software reproduces your handwriting as you produce it. Fine but is there a functionality that will, with all due respect, convert your handwriting, as you do it,  into a neater handwriting font of a fixed size?

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Richard,

To get "handwriting to handwriting" depends on what program you are doing the handwriting recognition in and what fonts you have installed. The text winds up being in whatever font you use.

HTH,

AL

by ryan sanders -

your making it more difficult than what it needs to be richard.

if it can covert your pen actions into "times new roman" or "aerial black",  then you just need to find a "font" some place on the internet that is "neater" to you.   Halloween, pirate, fireworks, paint splotch, cursive, etc.... an easy few 1,000 plus font types out there.   i want to say "true type font"  but possibly diving into "ghost script" need to be installed? errr been some time, and do not remember all the fancy things about fonts and different types. there was some that allowed a bit more. besides font size, bold/italic,

by john Simpson -

I'm trying to understand as to what useful purpose this writing to writing could bring us to teaching in courses, in fact I didn't realise that such a thing existed. Would this software also make our live sketches and drawing also look neaterand smaller?

There are of course a lot of neat handwriting fonts available, obviously you need to download more fonts, and change the editor. Don't use this standard one, as it doesn't appear to have a font manager.

John William Simpson

Sorry, but it didn't work on this editor after I posted it, but it would have shown on the poodl editor as unpilgi font.

In reply to john Simpson

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

For me, the place where the handwriting recognition comes in handiest is when doing some spur of the moment teaching on my whiteboard with it's Smart Notebook software. I write and scribble all over during class, adding pages as needed, then after school, convert the handwriting to regular text, then into a slide show for next time.