Some students unable to login. Error "...with ID2."

Some students unable to login. Error "...with ID2."

by Fred Frazelle -
Number of replies: 2

We have an up-to-date Moodle and very few courses, only one of which is really active and requires a password to use.  Although it looks like most of the students have been able to register it appears that when some of them try to access the site later, they are unable to do so and are told that their account has been disabled.  When i check the log file for the student i see this...

Login failed for the username 'xyz' for the reason with id '2'.

Does anyone know what is happening and how we can prevent this?  Last semester i had to go in and change the enrollment method for each of the 30 enrolled studets to Manual, which seemed to fix the problem.  i also gave them another password to use as well, which may complicate things a little...

Have a great evening!  smile

P.D.  If you wish i can upload the log for one of the users as well.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Fred Frazelle

Re: Some students unable to login. Error "...with ID2."

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

What is the method of authentication chosen for registration?  

http://yoursite/admin/settings.php?section=manageauths

sounds like you are using something other than Email Self-Registration and had to resort to manual because of failure to communicate with the authentication server ... LDAP? Other?

You also might need to turn on debugging (reason ID #2 not enough information for someone to resolve here - me thinks) and see what moodle reports when a student attempts to login.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

Re: Some students unable to login. Error "...with ID2."

by Fred Frazelle -

Thanks, Ken.  i went to look for the method of authentication and came across your subsection for Manage Auth and saw that E mail based self-registration WAS NOT ENABLED!!!!??¿

So, i've enabled it and hopefully we won't have any more students reporting error ID2 problems.

Grrr.  i wonder how it got turned off.  It's been our standard way of registering for this course for several years now....

There's another section --- somewhere -- where you can select the Order for registration.  i'm also going to go hunting for it as well and see what it looks like.

Thanks again, Ken and have a great evening!  smile