Participants Inactive for more than Add Filter 'Never'

Participants Inactive for more than Add Filter 'Never'

by Sérgio Gaia -
Number of replies: 2

Hi people,

How to list the participants who never accessed the course, on the way Courses > participants > Inactive for more than , not show the 'Never' option. I use Moodle 2.6.2+ .

[]'s
Attachment print_screen.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sérgio Gaia

Re: Participants Inactive for more than Add Filter 'Never'

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

I suspect you are more likely to get a positive response directly from the database, rather than the reports. If you have access to phpMyAdmin or similar tool for your database, you can then write a simpler SQL statement. A simple SQL would look something like: 

SELECT 'idnumber', 'firstname', 'lastname' FROM 'mdl_user' WHERE 'lastlogin' = 0;  

but don't take my word for it.

You may then be able to add it to the Reports after that.  

In reply to Colin Fraser

Re: Participants Inactive for more than Add Filter 'Never'

by Eric Strom -

Perhaps, except the participants list is designed to give this kind of information and we don't want to go adding extra custom reports for every filter scenario. I think there is a strong argument to get this improvement in the existing interface. It's not grammatically correct but it should be understood what the filter does if someone selects it.

That being said, I think the alternate (and my preferred) way to getting this functionality would be to have students that have never logged in included in the results of the "Inactive for more than" filter.