Private Courses

Private Courses

by Tom McCarron -
Number of replies: 2

Hi Everyone,

I have around 30 courses that I'd like all of my users to access, however there's one management category that I'd only like to grant access to a select few for and limit visibility from all other users

What would be the best approach for this? 

Thanks,

Tom

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tom McCarron

Re: Private Courses

by ryan sanders -

not yet familiar with moodle so maybe wrong... and suggest waiting for one of the regular folks to come around.

meta courses. (need to turn it on some place in site admin menu if memory serves) meta courses allow folks to inherit roles from other courses or vice vs. if memory serves.

not sure if automatic way, but if need be you could enrol teachers for example as students in a managment course. and go through site admin menu -> courses -> (links) to hide category from view. possibly. 

*points up to top of www.moodle.org website* "documentation" or rather docs.moodle.org   and look up meta courses.

you can change version of the doc's  ((look for search box top right corner... just to left of that there is a drop down menu to select a different moodle version))

In reply to Tom McCarron

Re: Private Courses

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi Tom.
I have some users under a student category -- they cannot see any hidden courses what-so-ever

Then I have some users under a global student category -- though they are not enrolled in all courses, they can see those hidden courses. To do this, I duplicated the student role, renamed it, and enabled them to see hidden categories and courses.

Would this work for you?