Missing Link For Students Viewing Grades

Missing Link For Students Viewing Grades

by Jason Touw -
Number of replies: 2

We recently upgraded from 2.5.2 to 2.7.  Student grade view is enabled.  We never had a problem with this before the upgrade.  Now, some students are able to click the link and view their grades.  Other students get the Error 500 - Internal Server Error.  I would estimate about 60% of students can access the gradebook, 40% cannot.  Obviously there is a broken link someplace.  Any guidance on this?  Where should the link be pointing for these students?  Can I manually just fix the ones that are broken?  It is not specific to a particular class, seems to be random students throughout all courses with broken links.

For Example, Katie:

KatieGrades

Katie's Result:

KatieResult

Yet, a different student Demetrios:

DemetriosGrades

Demetrios Result when Clicked (works fine):

(Edited by Bob Puffer - original submission Tuesday, 6 January 2015, 7:51 AM)

In reply to Jason Touw

Re: Missing Link For Students Viewing Grades

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I would guess at a caching issue.  Try clearing caches and see if that resolves it.  If not, do you have two servers maybe?  Maybe one student is reaching the gradebook on one server but another student is being directed to a second server that has a problem.

In reply to Jason Touw

Re: Missing Link For Students Viewing Grades

by Bob Puffer -

I removed your last image for privacy's sake. If Demitri is not a real person, I apologize