Make available a topic/subject after x days from matriculation date

Make available a topic/subject after x days from matriculation date

by Alejandro Ibañez -
Number of replies: 7

I'm using Moodle2.2.11 (Build: 20130708)

Is there any way or plug-in to make available a topic/subject after x days from student matriculation date?

In Moodle is possible to make available a topic/subject from a specific date for all the students in the course but I want to make available in a "personalized"  schedule, since the matriculation process for my courses is dynamic i.e. each student can matriculate at any time in the course and then I want to make available the first topic inmediatly, the second after x days from matriculation/registration, etc.

Thank you in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alejandro Ibañez

Re: Make available a topic/subject after x days from matriculation date

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

You may want to have a serious look at "conditional activities" and you can start with this FAQ

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Alejandro,

Do you want that a new course will be available to a student as soon as he/she has finished a previous course? This is not yet possible as far as I know, but you can vote for "Restrict course availability based on prerequisite course completion" - MDL-22648.

With kind regards,

Hartmut

In reply to Hartmut Scherer

by Alejandro Ibañez -

No I want to make a course available as soon as she/he is registered but the topics on this course are available periodically, for example topic 1 available inmediatly, topic 2 available after 1 week of her/his registration and so on....

In reply to Hartmut Scherer

by Alejandro Ibañez -

I'm trying to explain better what I need. 

The student can enroll to a course at any time (the course is available always) but I need to restrict access to activities or documents based on enrollment date of that student, for example the activity X is only available to student after X days from enrollment date of that student...

Thank you!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

I don't know for sure, but I think that date may be a conditional option... never done it that way, but it may be able to be done. However, conditional activities may require a completion action prior to moving to the next module, which, to me, seems a better option. Students can't just log in, make out they are doing something, then move on, which happens far too often here. There needs be a certain level of academic rigor applied I would think. Your completion action may be a simple question "Have you read this page?" or similar - something that requires an interaction anyway. That would certainly meet the need for a completion action. The only thing is it would allow students to work through at their own pace, which also means they could take a five week course and make it a five day course - don't know how to prevent that.     

by michael macjohn -

Hi Alejandro, I have exaclty the same needs you described in your post. Did you find any solution? Thanks