Hide blocks on SCORM page

Hide blocks on SCORM page

by Sumanta Ghosh -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to all.

I know this probably has been discussed earlier. So please direct me to another thread if required.

All I need to know is, if it's possible to hide all the blocks on any SCORM pages

selecting block configure> on this page> visible > no doesn't really help as it still eats up the space.

Just thinking if there's a way of customising mod/scorm/module.js and permanently disable blocks visibility on SCORM pages.

using 2.8.1

Please let me know if it's possible. I have noticed certain themes do it in different manners. Like essential theme allows docking blocks to footer and BCU allows hiding blocks altogether per user. But then will need to depend on the end user's understanding.

Please let me know if I need to explain more or need more info.

Thanks,

Sumanta

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sumanta Ghosh

Re: Hide blocks on SCORM page

by Andre Paz Leal -

You should access as admin and in the Scorm Activity page remove all the blocks you dont want to show or if you have a little CSS knowledge just create a custom.css for your theme or inser the ide of the block you dont want to show;

#page-user-edit #fitem_id_firstname{
display:none;
}
#page-user-edit #fitem_id_lastname{
}
#page-user-edit #fitem_id_email{
}

Happy new year for you too may you find Jesus, happiness and joy on 2015!

In reply to Andre Paz Leal

Re: Hide blocks on SCORM page

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Sumanta,

Can you explain what you mean by hiding blocks "doesn't really help as it still eats up the space"?

If your site consists of mainly SCORM packages, it may be easier for you to unprotect the navigation and administration blocks (as mentioned in the documentation Managing blocks) and set them to only show on certain pages.