Large Moodle implementation

Large Moodle implementation

by Abdallah Sakre -
Number of replies: 2

Hi there,

We need to do a Moodle implementation for about 2 million users.

1- I'd like to know the different options to do this implementation.

2- For a solution with the mentioned number of users, how much will it cost ?

3- How will a database this large be managed ?

4- If the solution will be hosted, What privilige will I have in this case regarding the database and other backend system components ?

5- What are the problems that we might face ?

Thanks

Abdallah

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Abdallah Sakre

Re: Large Moodle implementation

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Abdallah,

Catalyst IT (Newzealand) together with Rackspace (UK) has implemented a solution similar to this based on 2 Million users for Saudi Arabia , You can contact them to get a quote for that many users.

In reply to Abdallah Sakre

Re: Large Moodle implementation

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks Usman - the current implementation is actually quite bit higher than 2M. smile

Abdallah - you will need to work with a Moodle Partner to scale to this size - pricing is dependent on how your users will use the system and what sort of content you implement. We could probably give you some indicative price ranges privately.

You will definitely need a managed hosted solution and usually with systems of this scale direct access to back-end databases is very limited to ensure the stability and reliability of a large system although if your needs are for reporting or integration with back-end systems solutions can be designed to suit those requirements.

I work for the NZ Moodle Partner Catalyst IT - we have offices in the UK/AU and NZ

Average of ratings: Useful (1)