More than basic outcomes...

More than basic outcomes...

by Oliver McPhee -
Number of replies: 1

Hi all,

Using LTI, my app launches and returns a simple score. However, I want to relay further data back to moodle... as well as the score, I want to return the time spent on my tool, and some other data.

I understand that LTI 1.1 (as supported by moodle) doesn't allow you to do this... however, I wondered what web services moodle has available to an external tool that would give me this capability.

Cheers,

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Oliver McPhee

Re: More than basic outcomes...

by Stephen Vickers -

You are correct that LTI 1.1 only supports passing back a numeric grade between 0 and 1.  However, with LTI 2 now supported in Moodle 2.8, the result service should become available soon which supports the addition of a comment field which may meet your needs.  In addition new services for managing line items and results have just been released as a public draft (see http;//www.imsglobal.org/lti) and also support the comment option and I would expect to be made available within the Moodle module.  If this is not sufficient for your needs, you could also consider writing a custom (bespoke) service which is secured using the LTI credentials.  In that way the same code at your end could work with other platforms which implement the same service.