Full View Missing in 2.8 Gradebook

Full View Missing in 2.8 Gradebook

by Dan Lombardi -
Number of replies: 7

Since the upgrade to 2.8 I have no idea how to perform some of the simple actions I used to do in Full View of Gradebook. I can't quite figure out where to enable extra credit for example. Also, I run 4 marking periods and have been changing the category total to "100" for the current marking period while setting the other marking periods to "0" for years. I have no idea how to do that in this new gradebook. Is there perhaps a way to get the full view experience back?

In reply to Dan Lombardi

Re: Full View Missing in 2.8 Gradebook

by Bob Puffer -

Extra credit is accessed through the edit icon (wheel)

If your site is set so category totals cannot be overridden you will not get an input field to set them to 100

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Arthur Manning -

This is a very bad design decision.  How are instructors able to confirm which items are extra credit when viewing categories and items?

What can we do to bring back the checkbox, or at least display some visual indication that an item is being treated as extra credit?

In reply to Arthur Manning

by Jon Fila -

So if I have a course where a teacher has somehow made each item extra credit I now have to go into each item manually and uncheck and save?

I miss the Full View option now more than ever...I actually used it quite a bit. This seems like a big step back. Unchecking boxes or one category was way more efficient than the multiple clicks for 60+ items it takes now.

In reply to Jon Fila

by Jon Fila -

This brings me to another question...Why is the Edit dropdown menu for each grade item even there if there is only one option to select? This adds a click for no reason.

In reply to Jon Fila

by Bob Puffer -

All good questions brought up in the tracker ticket MDL-49177

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Nancy Webb -
Thanks Bob, I voted on the issue.  We really need that full view back. Editing every item takes way too long.

One bad loss of functionality for me is that locking the category no longer locks all the items in it.  That lock/unlock icon worked quite differently than editing the category does now.

I hope they will assign somebody to this soon.
In reply to Bob Puffer

by Nancy Webb -
Thanks Bob, I voted on the issue.  We really need that full view back. Editing every item takes way too long.

One bad loss of functionality for me is that locking the category no longer locks all the items in it.  That lock/unlock icon worked quite differently than editing the category does now.

I hope they will assign somebody to this soon.