Few issues with properly assigning roles

Few issues with properly assigning roles

by Donna Morris -
Number of replies: 0

Hi guys and gals! I really, really need some help. I have been working on Moodle for a few weeks now and it is very exciting project for me. However, I still get confused with certain roles and assignments, context etc.

I have a school and the roles are a bit different - the levels of access are different due to having two different memberships. I want to create counselors, who primarily use the CHAT room/s, but am wondering if I should define the role on a site-wide level? I ask this because, there are no courses that they will teach so I can't assign them that way, but I want their label to be COUNSELOR when they are logged in.

Also, how would i go about creating a role similar to guest role, but with more privileges, that does not have the same rights as USER? The reason I ask is because i created a 'visitor' role. However, because I added more privileges to the default USER role the newly created visitor role seems to share those privileges as well, which is not the result I am looking for. Restriction is key here lol.

Thank yo, sorry for any confusion. i am using version 2.8.1 if that means anything

Average of ratings: -