Guest access query

Guest access query

by Jason Lane -
Number of replies: 4

Hello all, using 2.7 I'm attempting to:

1. First gather basic info like email address (validated), name, why are you here, etc. (without login or joining).

2. Then provide the person with a guest enrolment key to preview a course.

Is there a way to do this?

My thinking was to create a questionnaire activity on the home page with the enrolment key given at the end on the last page, but this will not validate an email address, etc. (I was also wanting to use recaptcha to reduce spamming.)

Has anyone done something like this before and how did you do it?

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason Lane

Re: Guest access query

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Providing guest access is simple, but getting them off the Front Page, then into a non Moodle Page that looks like Moodle, then elicit the responses you want...mmm. How about a simple html link on the front page to a separate page that links to your database software that asks the questions you want asked. You don't need anything fancy here, but a simple reveal at the end. Some Javascript dialogue box that displays when all the fields in the page you want filled are filled. "Do you want to continue?" and "If "yes", click return button, and your login username will be "Chunky" and your password will be "custard". Simple....    

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
In reply to Colin Fraser

by Jason Lane -

Thank you Colin! I'm just concerned a trial user (e.g. chunky/custard) would have access to the trial user profile and change passwords, spam emails, etc. 

Rather than a trial user, I want to allow guest access to this demo course with the use of the enrolment key they get from the Google form submit page. I have managed to embedding a google form on my Moodle homepage with a guest enrolment key in the final 'form submitted' message. 

This form submitted message also has a direct link to the course guest login form (e.g. http://lms/enrol/index.php?id=4). This should take them straight to the guest enrolment key login but it doesn't.  It bounces you right off the page back to the general log in page. This page has a 'log in as a guest' button but this is too many clicks for me! I was hoping they could just go straight from entering basic info on the form to clicking a link, entering the guest enrolment key, then done. Two clicks only!

Is this possible or is your method (a trial access user) still the best or only option?

Many thanks,

Jason

In reply to Jason Lane

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Try enabling Auto-login guests in Administration > Site administration > Users > Permissions > User policies.

In reply to Jason Lane

by William Lu -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

>>>>First gather basic info like email address (validated), name, why are you here, etc. (without login or joining).

1. Set: Admin > Feedback > Allow full anonymous=Yes

2. At front page, create a form with Feedback module, include a 'captcha'.

C

>>>>Then provide the person with a guest enrolment key to preview a course.

3. Use page break and 'Dependence value' to hide your key or password

d

Then, follow Mary's post to setup accessibility:  https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=268238#p1157870