superscirpt/equation inside quiz choices

superscirpt/equation inside quiz choices

by venkatesan iyengar -
Number of replies: 8
choices for some my multiple choice questions/matching require superscripts/subscripts/mathematical equations. I do not know how to incorporate this. Is this feature is not available? Is there a way out of this?

Please help, it is urgent
Average of ratings: -
In reply to venkatesan iyengar

Re: superscirpt/equation inside quiz choices

by Julian Sedding -
You can use HTML tags (e.g. <sub>...</sub> for subscript, <sup>...</sup> for superscript) and entities (e.g. &ouml;) in the multichoice questions.

E.g. to define a question "calculate 52" you would write "calculate 5<sup>2</sup>"

Julian
In reply to Julian Sedding

by venkatesan iyengar -
Sorry that I could not pose my question correctly. I'm interested in superscript/subscripts/equations/tags in answers and not in questions itself. The HTML syntax does not work in the answers of the multiple choice questions.

thanks

by venkatesan iyengar -
Sorry for the trouble again, the html tags for superscript and subscript works in the answer also. However, I would like to have images and math equations (with tex/algebra filters) in the answers. The image html tag is not working and it shows the answer as blank. Is it possible include images in answers as we do in questions?

thanks

by Gustav W Delius -
I think you will be interested in special mathematical question engines like STACK
In reply to Gustav W Delius

by Beng Pu Siang -

Hi,

I tried to write the following 5cm<sub>2</sub> in one of the answers in hoping it will turn out as 5cm2. BUt it did not it came out as 5cm2.

Any setting that I should take note of.

I have set the filter to filter all strings.

Thanks

In reply to Beng Pu Siang

by Peter Lindop -
I am just a beginner with html tags, so I stand under correction, but I think that you should be using <sup>, not <sub>.  That is superscript, not subscript.
In reply to Peter Lindop

by Beng Pu Siang -

tried that too and it did not turn out

thanks for the tip though..

My problem here is that moodleis not reading the tag. Seems that is choose to ignore it in the answer to multiple choice... Did I accidentally turn on or off on something that I not aware of..

Hiaz

In reply to Beng Pu Siang

by Cristina Berisso -

Hello Beng,

In order to enter Math expressions in the multiple choice answer, use the TeX filter and look at the following forum postings:

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=58615#p266131

For matching questions that need images or substantial equations in the small drop-down menu, you should go in other direction and associate you answers with letter choices. Please look at the following postings:

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=69917#p314433

Also look at the "Mathematics Tools" forum for lots of great tips and links.

Have fun!