Students Quiz results not showing in gradebook

Students Quiz results not showing in gradebook

by Ben Christopher -
Number of replies: 4

A student has completed all quizzes set but her results (and hers alone) are not appearing in the gradebook. When we look via her login, it's clear she's done them and hher result appears when she clicks on the quiz.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ben Christopher

Re: Students Quiz results not showing in gradebook

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Can you try Quiz adminstration -> Check permissions for this student. I am guessing that they somehow have mod/quiz:preview capability, which would be bad.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Ben Christopher -

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your response. I've just checked through the permissions and they are not permitted to preview tests - there's now 2 who have completed quizzes, they receive their score and can go back and collect their scores time and again - but when I down there scores on a weekly spreadsheet, tests which they have completed and have evidence of, are showing up on my spreadsheet as blanks...frustrating as it means the rankings I create are not accurate and I dont want these kids to feel demotivated.

Any other ideas why they're not showing up in my spreadsheet?

Thanks again

In reply to Ben Christopher

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Przemek Kaszubski -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Yes, often it's the locked padlock on the grade item that prevents students (and teachers accessing the User reports) from seeing grades..

I think locked gradebook items should **really** by default be labelled more visibly in the gradebook - like with a different background colour etc (red ?) - it is so easy to miss them. The padlock is displayed way to the right, and I have missed it several times in the recent days. One of my scenarios I restore courses from previous academic years into the current academic year - in the from-course I did different things, including locking of gradebook items. After restore / import into a to-course I just forget about the locked items, assuming the gradebook, carefully crafted for the old course, will just work..

This response would be more suitable on the gradebook forum, I know, but I thought I'd share it here as well.

Anyway, the link given was very useful.

Przemek