Bulk upload of user pictures - susskey error

Bulk upload of user pictures - susskey error

by Edwinna Lucyk -
Number of replies: 2

MOODLE 2.7

I am trying to do a bulk upload of user pictures.  Per MOODLE doc instructions I

• dragged and dropped a zip file with the user pictures
  • file type of the pictures is jpg
  • file name is idnumber

I got the following error but don't know what it means or how to fix it.

Susskey error

Any help would be most appreciated.

Edwinna

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Edwinna Lucyk

Re: Bulk upload of user pictures - susskey error

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

The sesskey is a security device used by Moodle to ensure that the requests and actions, particularly of Admins, are genuine. There are a number of reasons why you would get this error, but I might suspect this one is relating to the time you logged in, the time you uploaded a file, the time you then use that file. If the time between the time you started to upload the file and the time you tried to use the file, is too long, then you will get an error. Big files can take a while to upload, so if your session has expired, then the sesskey is out of date. 

Another thought, the server has been reset while you were uploading the file. That will cause this error, as will someone else editing an admin file while you were uploading. There are other reasons, but these are the most likely. 

You might try breaking your images file into two parts, upload them one at a time and unzip as per... 

In reply to Colin Fraser

Re: Bulk upload of user pictures - susskey error

by Edwinna Lucyk -

Thank you so much!  When I broke up the images file into multiple smaller files, I was able to upload the images.

Edwinna