Auto email for Bulk User upload (2.6.5)

Auto email for Bulk User upload (2.6.5)

by Stefan McGarvey -
Number of replies: 4
Hello, this is probably a silly question but when I bulk upload users does Moodle automatically send them a registration email? (Does this include user name and password)
If Moodle doesn't auto email registration is there a way for this to happen?

Regards, Stefan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stefan McGarvey

Re: Auto email for Bulk User upload (2.6.5)

by Steven Swanson -

It will automatically send emails. You can test this with a dummy email account that you have access to and create a dummy student.

In reply to Steven Swanson

by Andreas Panagiotopoulos -

I can confirm that automatically moodle will send emails when creating users from the 'upload users functionality' (https://docs.moodle.org/26/en/Upload_users).

Andreas

In reply to Andreas Panagiotopoulos

by Stefan McGarvey -

Hello Andreas, I do see that Moodle will send an email when I add a student individually but I'm still not seeing if it send something out; say if I use an Excel spreadsheet to add 100 students will it automatically send those 100 students their username and password. I appreciate your help with this.

Regards,

Stefan

In reply to Andreas Panagiotopoulos

by Brian Bell -

I agree... but often my automated emails don't get through as clients are using, for example, a hotmail account and the automated emails get flagged as junk. Is there a way for me to get a copy of those emails and send them to the users myself?

Brian