Installing Custom Auth Plugin

Installing Custom Auth Plugin

by Aaron Martin -
Number of replies: 4

Hello Community,

I have written a custom auth plugin that uses a stored procedure to perform validation and user account logic. The sql stuff works but moodle does not seem to be able to register my plug in. I have followed the naming conventions for folders and files and created a lang folder that defines the plugin title and description, but I can not verify the plugin through the moodle UI.

Has anyone written a custom auth plugin and had this problem?

Please help,

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Aaron Martin

Re: Installing Custom Auth Plugin

by Aaron Martin -

More info

[29-Oct-2014 09:49:22 America/Tegucigalpa] Default exception handler: Section error! Debug:
Error code: sectionerror
* line 463 of \lib\setuplib.php: moodle_exception thrown
* line 6522 of \lib\adminlib.php: call to print_error()
* line 12 of \admin\auth_config.php: call to admin_externalpage_setup()

In reply to Aaron Martin

by Aaron Martin -

I was not able to manually install the plugin, I had to zip the file and upload it through moodle.

In reply to Aaron Martin

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Have you looked at another custom auth plugin - that would be my suggestion - the errors seem to be pointing you to which files you need to fix.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Aaron Martin -
That's a good idea. I haven't looked through any custom ones, just poked around a bit with the ones  built in. 

I was able to get it uploaded but it doesn't work as expected. 

I'm trying to use an external authentication ticket to let users in and then create new moodle users with a stored procedure. 

Are there any custom auths you would recommend I look at?