Hide 'My Dashboard' from main (top) menu in Gourmet theme

Hide 'My Dashboard' from main (top) menu in Gourmet theme

by David P -
Number of replies: 3

Good afternoon,

I was wondering if there might be a way to remove or hide the 'My Dashboard' drop down list from main (top) menu in the Gourmet theme?

I am using Moodle 2.7

Thanks in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David P

Re: Hide 'My Dashboard' from main (top) menu in Gourmet theme

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi David,

The Gourmet theme is a paid for theme, so the code is not publicly available in order to inspect and answer the question.  So, you need to contact the developer.

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Phillip McAbee -

Hi David,

I did the following:

Go here

theme/gourmet/renderers/core_renderer.php

Look for 

if (isloggedin() && !isguestuser() && $hasdisplaymydashboard) {

$branchlabel = '<i class="fa fa-dashboard"></i>'.get_string('mydashboard', 'theme_gourmet');

$branchurl   = new moodle_url('/my/index.php');

$branchtitle = get_string('mydashboard', 'theme_gourmet');

$branchsort  = 10000;

$branch = $menu->add($branchlabel, $branchurl, $branchtitle, $branchsort);

$branch->add('<em><i class="fa fa-home"></i>'.get_string('myhome').'</em>',new moodle_url('/my/index.php'),get_string('myhome'));

$branch->add('<em><i class="fa fa-user"></i>'.get_string('profile').'</em>',new moodle_url('/user/profile.php'),get_string('profile'));

$branch->add('<em><i class="fa fa-calendar"></i>'.get_string('pluginname', 'block_calendar_month').'</em>',new moodle_url('/calendar/view.php'),get_string('pluginname', 'block_calendar_month'));

$branch->add('<em><i class="fa fa-envelope"></i>'.get_string('pluginname', 'block_messages').'</em>',new moodle_url('/message/index.php'),get_string('pluginname', 'block_messages'));

$branch->add('<em><i class="fa fa-certificate"></i>'.get_string('badges').'</em>',new moodle_url('/badges/mybadges.php'),get_string('badges'));

$branch->add('<em><i class="fa fa-file"></i>'.get_string('privatefiles', 'block_private_files').'</em>',new moodle_url('/user/files.php'),get_string('privatefiles', 'block_private_files'));

$branch->add('<em><i class="fa fa-sign-out"></i>'.get_string('logout').'</em>',new moodle_url('/login/logout.php'),get_string('logout'));    

}

Comment out what you don't need - hope this helps. I'm sure there may be better ways - good luck - make a backup first : )

In reply to Phillip McAbee

by David P -

Thanks Gareth and Phillip,

Phillip - answer worked a treat smile