Signature on Certificate

Signature on Certificate

by Anthony Tony -
Number of replies: 3

Hi

I am using Moodle 2.3 and I am trying to see if there is a way to insert an image of a signature for the course completion certificate. I have looked at all of the option tabs and cannot see one that allows additional images to be place in, other than the generic ones that are preloaded to set up the certificate.

I saw in another post about loading something into an FTP but not familiar with that or if you have to have administrator access for that.

Can anyone lend a hand?

Respectfully,

Tony Davidon

Attachment 2014-10-28_12-22-35.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anthony Tony

Re: Signature on Certificate

by Gary Lyon -

Hi Tony. Assuming you are using the 'Certificate' activity (not Simple Certificate), yes, you can add signatures. The process requires having write-level permissions to /moodle/mod/certificate/pix/signatures. Any image loaded there will be available in the 'Signatures' pull-down menu of Adminstration>Certificate Administration>Edit Settings. 

A sample signature (RVincent.png) is provided and is  150px wide by 30px high. This is a good size for signatures, though you can certainly try other sizes. By default the signature appears above the area where any 'Custom Text' you may be using would appear. If you find the signature is appearing over the top of the Custom Text, try using <br> tags before the Custom Text to force it below the signature. Hope this helps.

In reply to Gary Lyon

by Anthony Tony -

Hello Mr Gary

Thanks very much for replying. I was able to understand your instructions so thanks very much for that. I did have one other question. How can you tell if you have write-level permissions?

This is what my screen looks like in the permissions block, I don't see anything that says write level.

Again, any assistance would be appreciated!

Respectfully,

Tony

Attachment 2014-10-28_20-32-25a.jpg
In reply to Anthony Tony

by Gary Lyon -

The permissions you need would be set by the system administrator, not within Moodle. This is likely the person who handles your upgrades, patches, etc. and how that is set would depend on the operating system (Windows, Linux, etc.) Moodle is operating on.