Impossible Upgrade to 2.7.2 - Please Help!!

Impossible Upgrade to 2.7.2 - Please Help!!

by Robert Sexton -
Number of replies: 7

Trying to upgrade to 2.7.2.  When upgrading it will not proceed do to the Course completion status plugin requiring a version of moodle (Moodle 2014050800) and report_completion (2014050800)

It already made modifications to the database and no backup of the database.

Is there any way to remove/get past this so we can at least use the site?error2error

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robert Sexton

Re: Impossible Upgrade to 2.7.2 - Please Help!!

by Leandro Barbosa Rodrigues -

Mr Robert

Try to 

1 - activate debug

2 - remove Block application directory (moodle/blocks/completion)

3 - try to install again 

VerifY it is the last version about the plugin.

Regards

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Robert Brenstein -
It might be helpful for us to know whether you are upgrading from 2.7.0 or from 2.6.2 and whether you do it by hand or through git.

There is some version mismatch for sure and you need to figure out what caused it -- compare your new Moodle version to the one required by this block (the full version is in the file version.php). Could it be that you upgraded this block to a too new release?

In order to proceed with the upgrade, you can probably simply delete the folder /blocks/completionstatus/. You can install this block again later on.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Robert Brenstein

by Robert Sexton -

Thank you for the quick response.  I deleted all the questionable blocks and replaced them with the 2.7.2 version.  I was upgrading from 2.6.2.

Replacing the blocks seems to have corrected my upgrade problem and I can now view the site(ish).

No matter what I do the themes will not apply.  I cleared the cache and tried to apply new downloaded themes with no luck.  See attached, maybe you can tell by looking at it.

Thanks again, I really appreciate you guys out there!!

Rob

Attachment error3.PNG

by Leandro Barbosa Rodrigues -

Turn on DEBUG mode.

Try set standart theme until complete the upgrade process.

Maybe any config is not ok.

Try PURGE ALL CACHE DATA from the system purge cache function 

by Robert Brenstein -
I think I read a discussion just recently about somebody having similarly-sounding problem with themes and I think in 2.7.2 but I don't recall in which forum. Of course, any themes you download must be prepared specifically for Moodle 2.7, so this is the first thing to check. If standard themes work, that might be the problem.

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Robert, I recall some information about using "slash" arguments.

site administration > server> http> use arguments 'slash'.

For my site, I have this turned on.  You might want to try toggling this to your other setting and see if it helps.

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

block requires a report.  When you upgraded did you move over that report to the new code directory for 2.7.2?

Ken