Restrict access will not save multiple user fields

Restrict access will not save multiple user fields

by Tiffany Morgan -
Number of replies: 6

Hi all

We recently to 2.6.5. When I try to add multiple user fields to restrict access only the second user listed is saved in the course (image attached). When I return to the restrict access again, the other name is gone.  

I have seen the same results in all activity types (quiz, assignment, etc)

Any ideas?

Attachment restrict_access.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tiffany Morgan

Re: Restrict access will not save multiple user fields

by Tiffany Morgan -

I've done some additional testing and it seems I can add multiple user fields so long as the selection is not the same for both fields. For example, if the first user is by first name and the second user is by surname, it will save/restrict for both users. 

I also tried to add multiple names to the blank field names by comma separating. That did not work either

So the question is how restrict access to multiple users by using the same criteria (ie first name) for both?

Thanks!

Attachment Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 1.19.50 PM.png

by Alan Hovden -

Hi Tiffany - any luck with this. I'm having the same problem. I need to restrict 6 - 9 students in a couple of quizzes and can't get it to restrict more than one using the same userfield criteria. Obviously there are not enough different criteria to choose from to make each one unique.

Thanks for any help with this!

-Al Hovden

In reply to Alan Hovden

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Is it possible to add commas to have more than one name showing? 

This is a long about method, but it works: 

Create a custom profile field and set it up to remain hidden from student view.

Then, add in the same term into all of these students' profiles (ie. MathQuizSkip)

Then you can set the conditions to restrict any profile entries that have this term.

In reply to John Provasnik

by Ronald Choi -

Not sure if you guys found a solution but I was looking for something similar for a client, basically only allow certain students to access the quiz. I was able to do so with the 'User Override' which is under the quiz administration.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ronald Choi

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Nice Ronald! I've never noticed that before.

That solves some other issues I've been trying to do such as give some users more time on a quiz.

by J K -

Hi, Could I ask id anyone get a satisfactory reply to this? My objective is to allow students from certain countries only access a Scorm Course and deny student from other countries (country being a user field).

As previous posts have said, it seems that the country field can only be used once - surely this can be overridden?

Our Moodle installation have a very large number of users who have already populated the Country Field - it is not possible to add another custom field and populate it by hand.

Thoughts?

JK