How to install moodle 2.7.2 on xampp 1.8.2 on windows 7 32-bit

How to install moodle 2.7.2 on xampp 1.8.2 on windows 7 32-bit

by meila ratna triani -
Number of replies: 4
I 've tried to install moodle 2.7.2 on xampp version 1.8.2 , the first stage of a successful fit check phase there are two top status check is not OK , and at the time of entry localhost / moodle / admin / index.php appear like this comment :
Config table does not Contain version , can not continue , sorry .

More information about this error

It is usually not possible to recover from errors triggered during installation , you may need to create a new database or use a different database prefix if you want to retry the installation .

instructions please
thank you
regards ,

Meila
Average of ratings: -
In reply to meila ratna triani

Re: How to install moodle 2.7.2 on xampp 1.8.2 on windows 7 32-bit

by nivedita setru -

Have you tried to drop the database and use a new database for fresh installation?

In reply to nivedita setru

by Wai Phyo Aung Mr -

You should use WAMP than Xmpp.

In reply to Wai Phyo Aung Mr

by Wen Hao Chuang -

I have a related question.

I have several moodle dev instances on my Windows 8.1 (64 bit) PC (Intel i7 CPU, 16GB RAM, pretty recent PC). Whenever I'm running the older "Moodle packages for Windows" (XAMPP v1.7.4), I can feel it's MUCH faster. However, the problem is that with XAMPP v1.7.4, I can not run Moodle 2.7.x or above, it will prompt me that:

Moodle 2.7 or later requires at least PHP 5.4.4 (currently using version 5.3.5).
Please upgrade your server software or install older Moodle version.

For Moodle 2.6.x or below, XAMPP 1.7.4 runs beautifully.

Am I the only one who experience this issue? Is there something I can do to improve the performance of XAMPP 1.8.2-4 Portable running on my Windows 8.1 PC? Is there any known issue with PHP 5.4.25 (included in xampp 1.8.2-4 portable which came with Moodle 2.7.x or above Moodle packages for Windows)? Many thanks!

In reply to Wen Hao Chuang

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Wen,

The message is clear, the PHP version that came bundled with XAMPP 1.7.x is below the requirement for running Moodle 2.7 (Requires at least 5.4.4), If you want to use XAMPP, then download the latest (it will run older versions as well), else preferably download WAMP (Apache, PHP, MySQL package optimized for Windows - Available in both 32 and 64 bits).

This is if you intend to run multiple versions of Moodle on your machine, else I would have preferred downloading Windows Installer Package, as it comes with Apache, PHP and MySQL as well extensions in PHP optimized for Moodle (Like opcache), the benefit of running Windows Installer package is everything runs as an application rather than service, so they fire up and utilize system resources only when you need them, rather as in case of installing XAMPP or WAMP, they get installed as a service (Apache, PHP and MySQL) so whether you are using them or not, they still be taking your system resources in background.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)