Download woes

Download woes

by Bernie Carpenter -
Number of replies: 1
Hi,

My name is Bernie Carpenter and I am the IT person at Muirfield High School. I just downloaded and installed Moodle over the weekend and I am really excited about it ... it seems really great - so thanks for making it open source.

My problem is getting downloads to work. I have browsed through the install problems forum and have seen the other posts similar to this and have mucked around with the slashargument settings - I am using file.php?file setting as the other one didnt work at all.

I am running moodle on a win2k server with apache, php, and mysql ... no problems with the install etc. One of your posts refers to a WINNT environment variable - can you explain this furhter ?

Everyhting is fine except for the downloads. I cant seem to download correctly the file uploaded. They upload ok, the files are all there and I seem to have the correct permissions, but I get errors when I try to download them.

I think the problem is with the openpopup script.

If I click on a word document link I get the following data delivered in a nicely formatted word document

META HTTP-EQUIV='Refresh' CONTENT='0; URL=http://10.15.46.22/moodle/login/index.php'

HOWEVER, if I type this URL into my browser
http://10.15.46.22/moodle/file.php?file=/3/ReadMe.doc
The document is delivered correctly.

I got the URL by right clicking on the link and choosing "Copy Shortcut"

openpopup("/file.php?file=/3/ReadMe.doc","display","480","640")

and replacing all the javascript gibberish with the address of moodle.

Anyway, this is driving me batty

Any sanity saving help would be greatly appreciated.

Bernie
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bernie Carpenter

Re: Download woes

by Bernie Carpenter -

Answering my own questions ....

It seems I have a problem with either Internet explorer, or Micorosoft Word, or both on a couple of machines in my staff room. I tried the web page on two machines in my room and got the same error message. Later, I tried the web page from a couple of classroom systems and it worked perfectly .... phew !!

Anyway, something to look out for if anyone else has similar problems

Bernie