CVS waiting for lock (1.5 STABLE branch)

CVS waiting for lock (1.5 STABLE branch)

by Roger Spurgeon -
Number of replies: 7
I am trying to update my Moodle 1.4 to 1.5.1.  I use CVS, so I entered the proper command to switch to the 1.5 stable branch and everything was moving along nicely until I got this message in CVS:

cvs update: [16:20:24] waiting for skodak's lock in /cvsroot/moodle/moodle/lang/zh_cn_utf8/help/glossary

every 30 seconds for the past 40 minutes or so.  Can someone please remove the lock from this file so that my CVS update can finish?

Thanks.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Roger Spurgeon

Re: CVS waiting for lock (1.5 STABLE branch)

by Martín Langhoff -
If this is actually a stale lock problem (and not a side-effect of skodak overworking himself), there's a forum in SF where you can raise it so that the SF admins can fix it. I seem to recall the forum is this one: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=browse&group_id=1&atid=200001

In reply to Martín Langhoff

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It works fine for me, am I the only one who can commit today?
Did not happen to me before, searching some more info about it on sf just now...

Edit: I am trying to submit a service request, will keep you informed.
Edit2: more info here.
In reply to Petr Skoda

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I've been committing all day, no problems.   In my experience these locks clear themselves after a short time ... keep trying.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Matt Campbell -
I've been getting it since early this morning, still getting it now.  I'll leave it running overnight and see if I can get through.

In reply to Matt Campbell

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
OK, well that's the first time I've seen something like that... skodak's ticket seems to have come back clear ... is it still a problem for you?
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Matt Campbell -
It's working as of this morning, I haven't checked the logs to see when it cleared.
In reply to Matt Campbell

by James Robertson -

I had this problem also (14 hours ago), it updated OK when I tried again a few minutes ago.