Students uploading to folder structure

Students uploading to folder structure

by Richard Williamson -
Number of replies: 5

Hi all,

I have been using Moodle for a lot of years, but I have just come up against a problem I'm not sure how to solve. I have searched a lot, and found a few plugins, but these do not seem appropriate.

Problem: I need to add the ability for students to upload multiple files in a course, but within a file structure - nested folders etc. These files would be visible only to the student and the teacher, with the teacher saving feedback somehow. This sounds similar to advanced uploading of files, but there needs to be a folder structure involved.

If I am missing something obvious, I would be glad to re-educated.

Kind regards
Richard

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Williamson

Re: Students uploading to folder structure

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

And uploading a zipped folder would not suit your purposes?

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Your question is related to this discussion: "Student submitting websites within Moodle" https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=271309. Some yelling there, you'll get used to it.
;-(

(Both discussions belong to "Repositories", but that is a different matter.)

In broad terms the new (Moodle 2) repositroy system is "user friendly", which means for users who don't think. A routined user like you will run in to trouble sooner or later.
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by dawn alderson -

LOL!

Inspector cleewwwso............sniffs a grim repo flavour here smile

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Richard,

You didn't mention which version of Moodle you are using, which can make a difference. What you want to do can be done with the normal assignment in Moodle 2.7 as shown in the attached picture. You will just need to teach your students to make the folders, and then select which folder to upload to. If they upload to the wrong folder, they will need to click on the file and then they can select which folder to move it to.

HTH,

AL

Aissngmnet Submission Folders

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to AL Rachels

by Richard Williamson -

Hi Al,

I made the update to 2.7.2 about 10 minutes ago. It seems that the solution you showed in your post is exactly what I am looking for. Many thanks!

Regards
Richard