Moodle Mobile 1.7 Available in Google Play

Moodle Mobile 1.7 Available in Google Play

by Juan Leyva -
Number of replies: 7
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

It should be available in following days in iOs Market and Windows Stores

New features:

• Forum activity support - users can read posts on and off-line, with messages synchronized periodically from the server (Note: requires the Moodle Mobile additional features add-on)
  • All files in a directory, page or file resource can be downloaded in just one tap.
  • Language translations updated
  • New languages: Persian
Improvements:

• Upgraded Cordova lib to 3.6.1
  • New icon for activities only viewable in the Moodle site
  • New loading icons
  • In the calendar the panel on the right is not displayed in tablet view when there is no event
  • Improved animation performance

Fixes:

• Complete support for iOs 8 devices
  • Files inside folders in resources and directories correctly downloaded
  • Synchronization hooks for plugins fixed
  • File names with German umlauts are correctly downloaded in the "My files" plugin
  • Images are correctly stored for offline display in course labels
  • File info pop-up i correctly displayed in folder and multiple files resources view

Release notes:

https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Moodle_Mobile_release_notes#Moodle_Mobile_1.7

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Juan Leyva

Re: Moodle Mobile 1.7 Available in Google Play

by Mark Andrews -

Hi Juan,

It looks like 1.7 has made it to IOS! - great!

Do you happen to know if the forum function should work on moodle.org? currently when I navigate to it I get the web version. 

Thanks

Mark

In reply to Mark Andrews

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

You need to install the local_mobile plugin to get the forum (and other extra) feature support in the app:

https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversions.php?plugin=local_mobile

(make sure you pick the right moodle version when downloading)

In reply to Dave Perry

by Mark Andrews -

Hi David,

Many thanks for your response - My question was asking if moodle.org had the latest version of the local_mobile plugin as I can't get it to work on here.

However, I'm also not getting it when I install the plugin on my test machine. I can confirm that I've got the 1.7 version of the app and have moodle 2.8 beta with the 2.7 version of the local plugin (2014060405) - I will now try with a moodle 2.7 install too.

Could anyone post some screen shots of the forum part of the app in action?

Thanks

Mark

In reply to Mark Andrews

by Rik T -

Hi Mark,

Here's some forum grabs from our themed moodle mobile app used on our college VLE.

Works really nicely!

Rik

Attachment Screenshot_2014-10-21-13-08-39.jpg
Attachment Screenshot_2014-10-21-13-09-30.jpg
In reply to Mark Andrews

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Mark,

it will work in moodle.org when the site is upgrade to 2.8. 

Moodle 2.8 will not require the local_mobile plugin (unless you use the SSO Shibboleth/CAS feature)

Cheers, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Mark Andrews -
Hi Rik - Many thanks for posting the screenshots really helpful.

I'm not managing to get this all working on my test installation,I must be missing something, but can't work out what.

I've done the following:

1. Installed moodle 2.7.2+ & installed the latest version of the local_mobile (2014060405) 
  2. Have moodleapp version 1.7.0.1 on my Windows 8 mobile & version 1.7 on my ipad
  3. Logging into the moodle sites via the app all seems to work as it should.

When I browse to a forum on both versions I get taken to the website view with the 'i' stating that it's not available through the app 

I have also done tried the following on the latest beta of moodle 2.8 still no luck.

I'm guessing i'm not ticking a box or granting a permission somewhere but can't see where - any help would be gratefully received!

Thanks in advance

Mark

In reply to Mark Andrews

by Juan Leyva -

Hi Mark,

Moodle 2.8: The app is not ready for working with Moodle 2.8 I will release a new version of the app ready for 2.8 once week before Moodle 2.8 is released

local_mobile plugin: Please, real carefully the installation instructions (you need to enable a service and change some permissions)

https://docs.moodle.org/27/en/Moodle_Mobile_additional_features

Cheers, Juan