in one of my lesson , i am not able to upload moodle media whose size is 38 mb. it is showing the error that the file exceeds the post maximum size of php.ini file. how can i upload the video of any size.

in one of my lesson , i am not able to upload moodle media whose size is 38 mb. it is showing the error that the file exceeds the post maximum size of php.ini file. how can i upload the video of any size.

by RAVI RANJAN -
Number of replies: 3

in one of my lesson , i am not able to upload moodle media whose size is 38 mb.

it is showing the error that the file exceeds the post maximum size of php.ini file.

how can i upload the video of any size.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to RAVI RANJAN

Re: in one of my lesson , i am not able to upload moodle media whose size is 38 mb. it is showing the error that the file exceeds the post maximum size of php.ini file. how can i upload the video of any size.

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Ravi, now this is restriction from your hosting provider (Assuming you are using moodle on a third party webhost), depending on your package (if its shared or VPS/Dedicated), you can change the maximum upload size in PHP configuration.

If you are on shared hosting, then its less likely a possibility that they will change the upload size for you, and if you are on VPS/Dedicated (which your post evaluation shows you must not be) then get support from your hosting provider to change the values for you.

which company you are hosting with?

In reply to Usman Asar

Re: in one of my lesson , i am not able to upload moodle media whose size is 38 mb. it is showing the error that the file exceeds the post maximum size of php.ini file. how can i upload the video of any size.

by RAVI RANJAN -

i am the admin of the moodle server..how can i edit the php file..kindle give information in detail..i am new to the moodle.

In reply to RAVI RANJAN

by Jaswinder Singh -
Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
In Moodle, Site administration > Server > PHP Info will give you the location of the ruling php.ini file.

If you are able to locate the php.ini file then change the 

post_max_size=Post_Size_you_want_in_MB

upload_max_filesize=Max_file_upload_limit_for _your_server_in_MB

in your  php.ini file.

Hope it helps

Jaswinder Singh