LTI Submission attempts sorting chronologically in gradebook and submission report

LTI Submission attempts sorting chronologically in gradebook and submission report

by Adrian M -
Number of replies: 0
I currently maintain a Moodle 2.5 site where all of the courses make extensive use of LTI applications for mastery exercises and quizzing. It's very complex and cannot be created as a quiz object due to the interactivity required (questions involve building model electrical circuits where components used and desired outcome are dynamically generated).

The challenge I am having is how the submission scores display in the grade book (/moodle/grade/report/grader/index.php?id=[COURSE_ID]) as confirmed by the LTI submissions table (/moodle/mod/lti/grade.php?id=[LTI_ID]&itemnumber=0&userid=[USER_ID]).

The submissions table sorts results chronologically by submission date. You can click on the headers to sort other ways, I know, but I only use this page to confirm that the grades displayed in the grade book to also display the latest chronological result. We sometimes have 100+ such assessments in a course of 200+ students, so checking individual submission reports is not possible as they might have 10+ attempts each.

Is there anyway to configure the site to display the highest score for a score submit via LTI instead of chronologically? A stakeholder maintains that it used to work this way, but I have my doubts.

Average of ratings: -