Restrict the access for a quiz to some students??

Restrict the access for a quiz to some students??

by Anna N. J. -
Number of replies: 2

Hi Moodlers,

Does anyone know how to restrict the access for a quiz to particular students in a course without letting other students to attempt it...?

I tried to put IP addresses to the particular students but it was not working properlyit wont let them access to the quizthis comment appears to the student who is allowed or not allowed to attempt the quiz Sorry, this quiz has been locked so that it is only accessible from certain locations. Currently your computer is not one of those allowed to use this quiz.

So plzzzzz can anyone tell me what to do??? asap !!sad thoughtful 

Anna

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anna N. J.

Re: Restrict the access for a quiz to some students??

by Gustav W Delius -
The simplest would probably to set a password on the quiz setup screen and to give this password only to the students who should be allowed to do the quiz. 
In reply to Gustav W Delius

Re: Restrict the access for a quiz to some students??

by Anna N. J. -
hi
Yeah, it's a good idea...but i want to do another thing without using password...coz in the futuer, i might want particular students that i choose to do the quiz without sending them  the password...i  just want all the students to enter the quiz and see weather they r in the group that i choose to attempt the quizes ot not!(i.e are the students authorized to enter the quiz or not).
The IP address is not working? is there a problem in moodle regarding IP address or what?!!! if so, can anyone plz tell me what to do?

Anna