Detailed Execution Logs not Showing

Detailed Execution Logs not Showing

by Sergio Mazzarelli -
Number of replies: 5

I use automatic backup. I am trying to investigate a problem and I would like to see the detailed backup execution logs. Online documentation for Moodle says:

A last execution log of scheduled course backups can be found in>Administration> Site administration > Reports > Backups. It displays a list of all course backups made, the time taken to create them, their status (see below), and the next scheduled automated backup execution time.
Clicking on a particular course name will cause a detailed execution log to be displayed, including date, hour and minute when each step of the backup was performed.

Well, in my case the course names in the list are not clickable, so I cannot see the detailed logs. I run Moodle 2.7 on a Debian Apache server.  Has anyone experienced the same issue? 

Thank you.

Sergio Mazzarelli

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sergio Mazzarelli

Re: Detailed Execution Logs not Showing

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

Yes, it was a feature in Moodle 1.9, that has disapeared in 2.0, and still not come back since then sad

There is MDL-30937 open about that since years. Don't hesitate to vote for it, and/or make comments!
It's a bug about lost functionnality.

I've also talked about that in the documentation page.

Séverin

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Sergio Mazzarelli -

Thank you very much. After reading your post, I voted for the issue. 

As for the documentation, you added your helpful explanation in the Talk page, which can only be seen if one clicks on the Page Comments tab. I wonder how many people think of clicking on that tab.  Wouldn't it be better to add your note to the documentation page itself? Or is there some policy that prevents that? 

Thanks again.

Sergio

In reply to Sergio Mazzarelli

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

Nice for the vote.

I think one (or i) should delete this information from the documentation, as it's not true!

Séverin

by Séverin Terrier -

Hi,

It has been corrected in 2.9 (MDL-30937).

Now, just vote for MDL-48533 to have it backported to current supported versions (2.7 and 2.8)!

Séverin

by Séverin Terrier -

Hi,

MDL-48533 is now closed as fixed, and these improvment will be in Moodle 2.7.6 and 2.8.4 smile

But i'm disapointed, as i said as a comment on this tracker item :

In 1.9, from backup report's page, when clicking on one course name, you had one page with all the details of the different backups made for this course (which block, which activity, users, course material...) and you could easilly find what was wrong in a (or each) backup smile
Now, you get several pages (one for each backup) showing only the status, and "There were no logs found for this backup.", quite unuseful sad

I've seen that debuging must be activated to show detail. Why ? This wasn't the case in 1.9...
So, my question is : how can i have details on all the backup steps? At least for backups not well finished.
If debugging must be activated, how can i activate it only for automated backup (an option in admin/cli/automated_backups.php ?), and not for all cron jobs?

If somebody has a good explanation, thanks for it.

Séverin